Hufflepuff Common Room

The Mystery Machine Discussion 1: Where in the Van?

Prof. Sirius Fudge

Hours before, participants were presented with their first decision of the trip. Where to sit in the van?

OIP.kdaB5UHGX1r61su8qn2rMwHaDT?pid=ImgDe

Where in the van is your most preferred seat in long road trips, one that involves ghosts and scary things? Do you prefer the driver's seat? Or is it the passenger seat? At the end row? Or middle row? One next to the window? Or the aisle is fine? 

You can post here in this thread until end of November 2 HOL time for 5 diamonds. You can post more but without additional diamonds in store.

Let me start.

Given my new professor role, I may have to settle at the near-end, mid-row, aisle seat. Yeah, I have no choice but to take the uncomfortable one. I have to keep my eyes on the students, most are third years and below. Or maybe I can also participate in some mayhem, ermm, no. Yup, I think that seat for a 13-day tour is tor- I mean, delightful. *nods* :ph34r:

How about you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am too young to drive, so I could not take the driver's seat. I would want a window seat so I could look out the window and see all the sights. I would want a window seat that has someone next to me, though, that way I have someone to talk to about everything and I won't get bored.

• Like 2

I would most definitely take the drivers seat. You can ask any of my kids, I make an awful passenger in the "shot-gun" seat. I seem to not be able to relinquish control of the car. Besides, if we need to chase someone... or something.... I've been told by many people, (my driving instructor, when I was going for my license way back in the "old days"), that I had a bit of a lead foot and that he was going to sign me up for the Indy 500. 

But seriously, with my many... many... many years of driving experience... I'm your driver!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My most preferred seat in a van during long road trips that involve ghosts and scary things is definitely the middle row. Sitting here allows me to have a good view of both the driver and the passengers, as well as an unobstructed view of the outside. Being able to see everything around me gives me a sense of control and calmness despite the supernatural presence.

• Like 3

Mine seems oddly specific to me, but I need one of the window seats in the middle with the double seats. I need a window seat so I can watch the views and tilt my head on the window to fall asleep. I also would like someone to talk with and don't want everyone coming right by me on the way in and out. I don't want to be in the back, because I think it's too hard to get out of the back when you really need to!

• Like 3

I'd take the middle row window seat. I like watching outside to see all the scary things, but if it gets too scary it's nice to have someone next to you. Up front isn't smart, because I do scare easily and might yelp a little and we wouldn't wanna distract the driver. The back won't do either, because I can get a little sick and I don't like it as it can make me feel trapped sometimes. Especially on a ghostly road trip...

• Like 3

I would take the passenger seat.  I love the spookyness of Halloween and going to haunted places.  So I would want to take in all the sights.  I would probably end up sharing the passenger seat though with my mom if she came along.  But if I took the backseat for a while, it would be the window seat because I still want to see all the sights!

• Like 3