Hufflepuff Common Room

Wonders of Mongooses - Week 1 - Jigsaw

Did you realize that the plural of mongoose is mongooses?   I kept wanting to type in mongeese but that sounded wrong to me! So I checked, and yes, the plural is mongooses.   :D

That said, welcome to February and Wonders of the World and our focus on the absolutely awesome animal person, the mongoose.

I think the first time I became aware of them is when reading that story by Rudyard Kipling - Rikki-Tikki-Tavi - which is in his short story collection The Jungle Book.

What a great short story!  Reading this introduced me to an entirely different land with people and creatures of all kinds which were totally not what I was used to.  Lovely.   And I loved Rikki-Tiki-Tavi (more about the story and mongoose in another topic, coming up next).  

In the meantime, here's a Jigsaw for you to solve.  Complete it, and post it below, being sure to show the number of pieces of the puzzle, the time it took you to complete it AND be sure it is 600x600 or less in dimensions!

Ring-Tailed Mongoose

(140 pieces)

Enjoy!

Oh, yes, you receive 30 Diamonds for posting your completed Jigsaw by the end of February, HOL time.