Hufflepuff Common Room

Creative January

Surprise! This month we'll have two different Creative Challenges! And the theme for this challenge is snow and ice.

It's winter now, and for many of us winter means snow/ice. If there is snow (or just ice) where you are, your task is to go out there and have some fun! Create something from the snow/ice - a snowman, a snow lantern to put a candle in, a snow angel, a castle to hide in during the next snowball fight, or whatever you feel like doing.

If there is no snow/ice where you are, you may still participate by creating something that looks like it's made of snow. Use whatever white snow-ish materials you like, and surprise me!

Take a photo of your project (remember not to include anything that gives away your identity), upload it to an image hosting website like Photobucket, and post the photo in this topic.

For completing this challenge, you'll earn yourself 20 Diamonds and 2 Graphic Points. You have until January 31.

Have fun!

Edited by Prof. Rachel Selenia
Edited to add that ICE is also an accepted building material!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah. The snow was so light, but we did have freezing weather!  So I took a picture of the very light snow ... and the start of a LEANING TOWER of ICE.  The first one melted before it got very tall, but the freezing weather returned.     (The black thing is something I put water in so that the birds had something to drink. But it would freeze up every night, so I'd just add the frozen contents to the 'tower'.)

Initial picture with real snow!

1.5.2017%20frize%20out%20600x450%202_zps

Then, I had to start over again ... sans snow but very BRRR FREEZE COLD weather

1.15.2017%20frize%20out%20600x4501_zpsyx

and ... the bird on the bird feeder ...

1.15.2017%20bird%20at%20feeder%20600x450

I know it's not snow so it might not count but wanted to show the bird at the feeder anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...