Hufflepuff Common Room

Welcome Lions, Snakes, and Eagles!

Askeron Kyle

Welcome to the Fireside in our Common room come and chat around the fire. This is the place to introduce yourself tell us what House and year you are in, and a little bit about yourself :)

I will leave snacks for you to eat while you chat, because chatting makes you hungry ;)

Leaves blueberry muffins still warm from the oven and butterbeer on the table.

• Like 6

Ooh, i love blueberry muffins!

I'm a first-year Slytherin and I love how much the houses are interacting with each other outside of classes; the Holidays are the best! I really enjoy doing and making puzzles.

Aside from Harry Potter, I also like Lord of the Rings, the Black Company, Sailor Moon, Doctor Who, Leverage, and Jessica Jones.

• Like 4

I'm from the Slytherin Dungeons. Joined HOL a couple of years ago, at the same time Maxwell Shadow did, but mom had some serious health issues and I needed to leave and focus on her. Once those were resolved, I came back. Some things haven't changed much. The Sett is still as warmly inviting and as homey as ever. Max is now a Prefect and Head Student (not at all surprising) but the staff has changed a bit. I miss some, but I also really enjoy Scarlet and Amy becoming Snakes! I'm glad I came back to HOL, I'm having so much fun meeting new people and getting to know those I didn't get to know the first time, and annoying those I annoyed last time).

Thank you for opening up the Sett to the other three Houses. I love seeing all of us together, and spending time with my eagle and lion friends, too :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi! I figured after almost four and a half years, I was long overdue to start visiting other houses' common rooms, sooo... here I am!

On HOL, I'm a Ravenclaw prefect and one of RQT's co-captains. Outside of HOL, I'm in uni studying chemistry, with a minor in mathematics (and maybe one in biology or mathematical biology, not sure yet). Undergrad has been an... adventure for me, including hospital stays, some time off, transferring unis, and lots of other "fun" stuff. I really got active on HOL around the time I was taking a break from uni, and between all the craziness that comes with this site, I made some great friends and that's what's really stuck with me, being able to connect with people.

Despite enjoying meeting people, I'm an admittedly horrible recluse. Working on that. >_<

I can often be found on IRC, though, and if I'm available, I'm always happy to chat!

Considering I'm almost two months late for those blueberry muffins, I'll just leave these here instead.

*places fresh banana muffins*

*also high-fives Arianna for also liking Doctor Who*

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hello! I'm Amanda. *ROARS*

I joined HOL quite a few years back and was super active for a year plus, then reality kicked in and I had to go attend to it, so I left this place for a while and got stuck on Second Year. But now that I have more time on my hands, I'm back here to earn some points and have fun! Most people I knew back then don't seem to be around, and the Gryffindor common room is so freaking quiet, so I came to other common rooms to take a peek. And I'm glad to find you all here!

*grabs a banana muffin*

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hello :D I'm Ale, a Fourth Year Gryffindor!

I've joined this CR some time ago, but I don't think I was ever able to introduce myself :( I like writing and reading, listening to music and eating pizza LOL

(Well, are those banana muffins? I like them, too!)

*says hello to everyone and grabs a muffin*

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm Aidan, a first-year Eagle who loves reading, writing, playing guitar, travel and skateboarding, along with loads of other things! I originally found HOL when I was in highschool, but was never really able to commit due to a full-on lifestyle. Since then, my life is a bit more settled and structured, and I felt the need to find a place to geek out about my Harry Potter fascination and meet some like-minded online friends. I can't say I have been disappointed. HOL has really filled an intellectual gap in my life, I'm loving exploring this amazing place and getting an opportunity to be creative and have some fun. 

• Like 3

Blueberry muffins!
That's so homely! We have them in the Roost as well. :sits down and noms on one:

My name is Gail - sorry I shouldn't be talking while I eat :swallows:
There, that's better. I am a first year Ravenclaw - very ickle. Actually I'm almost an egg still having joined HOL only two months ago. But it feels like so much longer. There is just so much to do and so many thing happening that you can be a part of. I really am enjoying myself and very much regret not joining a few years back when I first discovered HOL, but didn't have the time I do now. Though maybe I would have been sad then that there were so many things I wanted to be a part of that I couldn't be because I didn't have the time. Maybe.

Also I feel very at home here in the sett. I have always felt that if not Ravenclaw (where I have admittedly always felt I belonged) I would be a hufflepuff. I feel that the hufflepuff values are the ones that best suit me after Ravenclaw's. And that maybe your house's are perhaps the most noble of all the houses. Not the most flashy by any means, but very noble. :badger::wub: 

Hope to see you all around HOL!

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

Hello!  My name is Rowan, I'm a first year Gryffindor taking HOL 101 - which is how I found this forum!  Even though every house personality quiz puts me in Hufflepuff last, I do think that we could all benefit from Hufflepuff values, especially online.  As far as favorite recipes go, I think the best is the Lemon-Lavender Pound cake I made last week, YUM!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  I can't believe I haven't done this yet.  

I am Vanessa and I am a second year Ravenclaw and co-head of the Art Department.  Fun things coming this year ;)  I love getting to meet new people and making lots of new friends so I look forward to chatting with everyone!  I enjoy puzzles, reading, playing video games, cross stitching, drawing, and painting with my preferred medium being watercolors currently!  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to all!

I’m Maude Rudd, a first year Hufflepuff. I love making new friends. *warms by the fireplace* Just dropping in here to extend a warm greeting to fellow HOLers of all houses.

Love the Sett. It’s so comfy. So far enjoying my classes here. So far every one I’ve met, has been very helpful and kind. Little bit about me: I love to make delicious creations in the kitchen, study, read, art, nature, animals, plants, word puzzles, games and life long learning. Proud to be sorted into Hufflepuff.

Hope to see you around HOL soon! *puts a plate of butterbeer fudge on the table for all to share* Sending best wishes to all for a productive and fun remainder of the term✨

• Like 2

• 1 month later...