Welcome to the Sett, and more specifically, the Fireplace!
Here are a set of guidelines for you to follow when you want to post anywhere in the Sett. Please note that all HOL rules apply to these boards so that we all can have a fun enjoyable time here! More details of forum rules are available in the HOL handbook section 3.8 (Which I'm sure that everybody has read *G*)
- No netspeak allowed please. [E.g. u, mi, wat, bi, r ]. Netspeak is difficult to read and very hard to decipher if English is not your primary language.
- No spamming. Spam comes in all shapes and sizes but mostly it's posting useless or pointless posts or even better yet, something that's already been posted and discussed at length.
- No house bashing or insulting other members of other houses or even members of your own house. Everybody should respect each other, no matter what house you?re from or how old you are.
- Keep your posts G rated. We have people of all ages visiting and posting in the Fireside.
- Don't give out personal information about yourself. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
- No advertising of messengers in your posts. Not only can these be easily obtained from your profile [if you choose to put them up]; we are not responsible for the conversation that may happen.
- No links in posts unless the links are HOL-links [e.g. The Wizarding Times, Paw Print etc]
- Don'tabuse the text size feature. THIS is a little okay if you want to make something stand out but THIS is just a bit too much. (okay a lot too much *giggle*)
- Please try and keep your signature to 4 lines of text in your signature [5 or 6 is a little okay, particularly if they're in tiny text, but please do not overdo it]
- No images in your post other than your signature and avatar please
- Read game/RPG rules before attempting to participate. It makes it easier and more fun to participate!
- If a person has misunderstood the game and has posted wrongly, please continue the game with the last correct answer and not the wrong one (unless it's the Wrong Answer Game)*giggle*
- No bumping up of game posts. If somebody is late in replying, bumping up the game isn't going to wake the person up. A PM would be more appropriate. A funny little thing called real life sometimes interferes with a person's ability to respond, so try and be patient
- No more than 3 smilies in a post. It can be a bit annoying seeing an excess of smilies popping up everywhere in a single post.
-All post must contain at least five (5) or more words. This sort of goes along with the spam part. Obviously there are some games that don't fit this rule. In other words, don't post on impulse. Please put some thought into your post and check for errors before you reply to a thread.
-Do not start any games thread, if you want to see a particular game started, please PM your respective Prefect which can be found here.
-All Harry Potter words, whether spells, names, locations, or magical creatures, should be spelled correctly.
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html This can help!
-When playing games or posting here, they need to be Harry Potter related. This means don't bring people like Goldilocks or Actors/Actress into these fun. Leave them to their own world. *g*
Guest at the Sett please read!!!
As our poor Sett has been riddled with uninvited guests (spambots!), we are now asking that anyone interesting in joining our games in the Fireside or Games Tent as well as the Huffle Garden, to please register.
You'll have your own delightful Guest grouping.
Professor Felicia Hartwick
Failure to comply to the above rules will result in various warnings and, if warranted, punishment. We really don't want Professor Hartwick to use her Rake of Pain!
If you have any questions, queries, or comments, please feel free to post them here and one of the MOD Squad will get to you with some sort of response.
Thank you for taking the time to read the new rules!
The Huffle Staff