Hufflepuff Common Room

FB3 - Week 4 - Discussion

I’ve always been fascinated by the ‘fantastic beasts’ part of the movies. It’s been such a pleasure finding out how some creatures look or discovering new ones from other cultures.

We still have two movies to go in the franchise (at least by the original plan), so let me ask you, what magical or mythological creature would you like to see depicted next? Is there a particular creature from your culture that you’d love to see on the big screen? What is it?

Out of those already existing in Harry Potter world, is there a magical creature you’d like to have at home?

Write a post with at least 100 words and earn 15 Diamonds!  If you write another one of at least another 100 words, you can earn additional 15 Diamonds, too.

Note:  Please, do not post twice in a row in a short time!  Wait for someone else to post, or 24 hours, before posting again.

You have until May 14th, 11:59 pm HOL time to earn your Diamonds. If you respond within a week of this being posted, though, you earn an additional 3 bonus Diamonds.

Please, be mindful of the spoilers for the latest movie (trailers’ spoilers are allowed)! Not everyone has the ability to see the movie the moment it came out. Please, mark them appropriately.

• Like 1

If I was answering this question in character, I would point out that in the Slytherin dungeons we have three semi-domesticated magical creatures as house pets:  two XXXXX-rated creatures (Basl the Baslisik Basilisk and Malumbrabas the Lethifold) and Annabelle, a giant squid who has escaped Ministry classification yet somehow seems to flood the dungeons every five years or so.

But out of character?  I think I want a magical creature who is capable of hugging me - preferably multiple times at once.  The Sea Serpent fits the bill:  as a hundred-foot-long water snake, it is probably capable of wrapping its body around me close to a dozen times at once.  It is also a fairly gentle creature, which means I can be assured that these hugs will comfort me instead of harming or killing me.  As an added bonus, sea serpents live in large bodies of water, so having one at home would mean that I therefore also have access to large bodies of water - and probably live in a house with oceanfront property!  Getting to live on the water and also being able to get a dozen hugs at once makes the Sea Serpent a great choice for me.

• Like 1

It may be odd but I would love to see a proper representation of shapeshifters. There are not many movies depicting shapeshifters, and the only big movie that does have it is Twilight. I don't think there is enough movies about this with most mistaking shifters for werewolves and completely missing the point. Therefore, that would be an interesting aspect. I think that it would be better if the whole disagreement between vampires and shifters would be skipped in the movie since I believe it may discourage people from watching it. As we know, not everyone likes the Twilight series.

• Like 2

I would really like to see gargoyles in the movies. For those who do not know, gargoyles are them weird devil looking things, which are typically a form of decoration on buildings. The first time I saw gargoyles being animated into monsters in the movie called The Hunchback of Notre Dame'. As the time went by, I have seen movies in which they were portrayed as evil spirits. I am therefore really interested how would they be shown in the Fantastic Beasts series. I wonder how Newt would communicate them and how could he tell them apart from just stone monuments. 

• Like 2

As a ferret lover and owner, it would be a sin for me not to want to see Jarvey. For those who do not know, jarvey is an overgrown ferret. It is classified as a beast XXX and apparently is capable of learning human speech. Although rather dangerous and crazy animal, I would love to see it in the movie. My opinion may be biased - I think ferrets should be in every movie as their cuteness is overwhelming. But as I said - it is just a talk of a ferret owner, so a rather biased but honest opinion right here.

• Like 2

Another monster that I would love to see somehow getting interpreted into the Fantastic Beasts series would be fauns. I remember reading the one and only Chronicles of Narnia. Mr Tumnus was my favourite character and so I would love to see fauns in the Fantastic Beasts. Since they are part human, maybe there would be included as to how they cover their legs and make themselves look like human so that no one will realise they are in fact monsters. I wonder how would their relationship with Newt go. Maybe he would use their help to solve another mystery case. 

• Like 2

One creature I think I would like to see in the Fantastic Beasts movie is a Werewolf.  We have Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series among others like Greyback.  But I would like to see a Werewolf in human and in werewolf form in the Fantastic Beasts movies as well.  We would learn more about that condition from that time and how they dealt with it.  

Another creature I think would be neat to see in Fantastic Beasts is an Acromantula, maybe it could be an ancestor of Aragog and maybe Newt could have one in his suitcase or something.  Newt Scamander isn't a whole lot different than Hagrid really, they both love magical creatures.  Hagrid raised Aragog, so Newt could have an Acromantula as well.  I'm like Ron when it comes to spiders, but I think that would make things interesting, especially inside his suitcase.  

It also wouldn't hurt to see dragons featured in either the 4th or 5th Fantastic beasts movies.  They could even help during the battle with Grindelwald, either on Dumbledores side or fighting on Grindelwalds side.  

• Like 1