Hufflepuff Common Room

Wonder of Islands - Weeks 1 & 2 - Discussion #2

Continuing with the Island theme, our second Discussion question is this:

If you were given a free ticket to go to an island and stay there for a week, what island, or islands, if any, would you want to visit?

If you use images in your post, please keep the size of the graphics to 600x600 or less (each).

Earn 25 Diamonds when you reply in here. Please have at least 100 words to earn the Diamonds.  

You have until the end of May to earn your Diamonds.

I do not know a single person who would not want to go to Maldives. This absolutely beautiful island is on the Indian Ocean. It is not a huge island but it is a very luxurious place. The main reason why I would love to go there is because I am a huge fan of beaches and oceans. Additionally, the place looks like a perfect place to have a romantic gate-away. Sadly it's quite expensive but...*looks at Louis with big eyes* maybeeee :lol: Well... we will see how that one goes! I would love to stay in those small houses that are on the shore.

• Like 2

Oh no no Hazzah. I love you so much but I am not Louis Armstrong and surely don't have his bank account! :lol:

I would love to go to Palawan. This is an island that belongs to the Philippines. It's absolutely beautiful and is often titled 'paradise'. From what I see from the photos, this place definitely deserves its label. I mean look how beautiful this place is! My imagination is already running free as to what I would see there. The sand at the beaches is white, which makes it sound more dreamy. Unfortunately, this trip would be rather expensive!

Palawan, Philippines

• Like 1

There’s a lot of islands that I want to visit, or visit again. Too many to properly count. :P

I want to go to Bora Bora, but I admit it’s purely because of it’s wallpaper huts on the water. I’ve no clue whether I’d enjoy it there, but that perfection tickles my fancy to spend at least a few days in one of the little huts.

I’ve also got a weakness for European islands, especially those on the Adriatic and Mediterranean. Santorini and Sardinia are some that look just magical to visit and immerse in the local culture and cuisine.

Maybe we’ll all go someday when all the littles aren’t so little anymore. It’d make for a fun family vacation.

• Like 1

nCZL0Q2.jpg?1

So many to choose from; the choice is almost impossible! Ireland is the most obvious choice, but at the risk of being redundant, I will travel around the globe and pick Bali.  On a purely superficial level, my grandma has me hooked on JTV (Jewelry television) and I've become totally obsessed with Bali jewelry and styles.  So, yeah, there is that.

I also love learning about new religions, cultures, cuisine, etc.  I suppose one could say I have a very broad worldview, and Bali is rich in all of these.  I think it offers enough diversity that one would certainly never get bored.  Plus, the scenery is gorgeous!!

• Like 1

Ohhhh, this is a tough question. What island would I pick. Do I go for the beaches or sightseeing? I know of one where I can get both. Sullivan's Island in South Carolina.  It has two of my favorite things, beaches and history. Beautiful beaches to soak up the sun and Fort Sumter to go back in history. My oldest daughter and hubby visited Sullivan Island a few years ago and said it was a place I would love and I believe she is right. 

Now come July 1st, I'm official retired and can plan trips... especially one to Florida to visit my daughter who moved there in December, and South Carolina is on the way... well, you never know, a side trip might be in order!

• Like 1