Hufflepuff Common Room

Wonders of Human Kindness – Week 4 – Kind Acts – Discussion

As we finish out this month of Wonders of Human Kindness I am sharing two more articles that I heard about. Have you or someone you know done other acts of kindness?  Maybe, someone showed you, your family or friend some act of kindness? Share any that you would like in this thread. You can also share what you thought or how you felt about this wonders topic. I would appreciate the feedback!

Post in this thread with no less than 100 words and earn 10 diamonds. You will earn additional 10 diamonds if you post more (no less than 100 words), in response to what others say. You have until the end of February to contribute to the discussion.

Birthday Celebration

Baby Shower

There's a woman I know who owns a restaurant. This restaurant is located at one of the ship yards of a town, and it's frequented by people who own boats, by locals, by 'boat visitors' and by tourists. She often has a running tab for those people who can't afford to pay for their meal at the time.  Sometimes she just 'eats' the tab, gives it as a gift to the person. She's doing okay with her business, is not wealthy in money, but in heart and soul she is so wealthy and loving and giving. She knows all the names of the people who come in regularly, and welcomes them with a big smile.

• Like 2

For this one, I have to brag a bit about my children! When the UK got into lockdown (again) my children decided that they are way too bored to sit at home and do absolutely nothing. They decided it would be a cool idea to go door-to-door and ask neighbours whether they need any help with anything. Sadly, none of them opened the doors for them. However, my kids decided they will not give up. The next morning, they were ready! They prepared posters and leaflets and thought about sticking them into other people’s doors. I was personally not happy about it because I didn’t want them to be unsafe, but later I agreed for it. Currently, they are helping a 70 year old neighbour with her daily shopping and I am very proud of them!

• Like 3

When I was 22 years old I had a car accident. It was a proper serious accident in which I have lost a part of my pelvis and my right hip. This resulted in me having implants in my right hip and the right iliac crest (right side of the pelvis). Although I can walk, sometimes the pain is unbearable and I need to either have a rehabilitation or the implant changed completely. Because of covid, it is very difficult to get into any rehabilitation centre as they focus on people who lost a limb/limbs, injured spine or any other important bones. This resulted in me being out of rehabilitation for more than a couple of months now. My lovely husband had decided enough is enough. He has talked to his cousins, they talked to their friends and somehow they managed to get me a private nurse who has an experience in rehabilitations! She agreed to help me out for free, which is amazing because now we rarely have some money left for extra costs nowadays!

• Like 3

A few years ago, my husband and I were at a Christmas party thrown by some friends.  Now, the party just happened to be at a place called The Fun Zone, complete with laser tag.  Sounds incredibly fun, right?  It was..until it wasn't.  One of the gentlemen present was an older guy and had been in the Vietnam War.  He didn't want to do laser tag, which is quite understandable given the flashing lights, darkness, etc.  His wife insisted, however, and to keep the peace he went into the room.  It didn't take very long at all for things to go very quickly south.

I managed to get my husband's attention, and he and another man managed to not only guide the older gentleman safely to the exit, but they did it in such a way as to preserve his dignity.  They stayed with him until he calmed down, and made sure he was stable enough to rejoin the rest of the group before joining us again.  I have no way of knowing what was said to him, but I was never prouder of my husband than that day.  

• Like 3