Hufflepuff Common Room

Week 4 - Discussion

Wilbur cannot wait for the Huffle HOLidays celebration program that Wilbur is now asking for your HOLiday greetings to everyone. :dance: What is your message to everyone here? As we close the year, what do you want to impart to everyone? What did you learn the most in the past year? And as we look forward to the new year ahead, what things are you most excited for? How about a message for the new year waiting for us? Wilbur is excited to know everyone's thoughts. Tell Wilbur and you will get to earn 1 point and 10 diamonds.  Reply in this thread on or before December 28, 2020, 11:59 PM HOL time. You can reply more but you cannot earn more points and diamonds.

Throughout 2020 the main thing I learned here at HOL is that my experience here really did not change despite graduating and becoming a professor.  Another interesting thing I learned - from teaching Parseltongue - is that the way people speak English carries over to their Parseltongue (especially in terms of pronunciation-related accents)!  

Looking ahead towards 2021:  I'm always looking to see new people grow into the community... and if there are more interesting and fun classes and activities - so let's all have a very happy 2021!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Will!

• Like 2

Looking forward to New Year?  ARG!   [insert pirate song in here regarding why something is gone]

What has happened this past Term ..... lots of changes in the activities that I do in HOL and in the Sett.  For the Sett, we've had such a wonderful time, with all kinds of things going on in here. We've got Wizarding Times up and running again! We have Prefects! We have Christmas/Seasonal activities. It's sort of wonderful.  :wub:

Other Houses are having things going on too; there is no lack of activities in which to participate and earn Scales or Rubies or Diamonds or House points.

So here's to hoping that we continue on as we have been doing.   :thumbz:

1 point and 10 diamonds to Tarma!

• Like 1

This year, I got to become a Prefect, and I'm loving the role! I was especially excited to get to start at the same as Emily Spencer. She's amazing and we always do our best to support each other. What surprised me the most going from Promising Student (Slytherin's version of Prefect in Training) to Prefect was the increase in questions I'd receive as a Prefect. I love being asked questions. I ask quite a few of those myself! :lol:

Next year, I'm hoping more new people join HOL and love it as much as I do!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Feb!

• Like 1

What do I want to impart on everyone? Don't take anyone or anything for granted. Don't hold grudges, it's not worth it. You lose so much time with friends and family if you do. Anything can be worked out if you try.

It's been a wild year and so many people have been separated for caution. But please, stay in touch with any member of your family that you haven't seen is a while. There's no reason to not to stay in touch just because of this virus.

To our HOL family.... it's always been a pleasure to come to the Sett and HOL and see all the wonderful folks who keep the activities going for all to enjoy. Thank you.

For all the Newbies...don't be afraid to get into the mix of things here. Post when you can, join in the games, maybe even get in touch with your Prefects or Professors and see if you can host one, if you feel you have some event or game that you think we can enjoy.

Stay well and have a wonderful holiday (which ever one you celebrate).

1 point and 10 diamonds to Fels!

• Like 1

2020 was a hard year, definitely not only for me. Throughout this year we all faced stress, changes, fear, confusion, loss, sadness. We all had to accept the new world, new rules, new ways of being with our families and friends. For me, it was also a year of getting to know some people  in ways I never thought I would, lost some friends on the way.

I believe I speak for a lot of us when I say I hope the next year will work out. I wish we could have our regular lives back, where words 'furlough' or 'key workers' is no longer a thing. I wish you all to be safe, following your dreams and plans.

I am most excited to be a student teacher, and seeing how 2020 will unfold. 2021 for sure will be a busy period for me but I know it will be worth it at the end of the day!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Louis!

• Like 1

To be honest, I was pretty happy about my 2020. Most people are rather depressed and negative about it, however I don't see it that way. For sure it had negative things, most obviously Covid19 which took lives of so many people. Personally, however, I enjoyed this year. I have been working from home since March 2020. At first, I hated the idea of creating a small office in my bedroom but quickly fell in love with it. I realized how much I love working from home, and how I don't want to go back to my actual office. I found it waaaay more helpful to balance my work and family lives, going to the kitchen during the breaks and making food from my own fridge, without seeing any of my annoying co-workers and the mess they made, being able to talk to my children or watch some kids shows with them for those 30 minutes. Additionally, I have saved way more money that I would usually. Most of the times we were going to Canada to visit my parents. The trip would cost my husband and I around £2,000, or even more. Because of covid however we could save that money and not look bad in my parents' eyes. 

I am however looking forward to the next year events. My husband bought me tickets to the opera (which I am secretly obsessed with) and I can't wait to actually see it live. Sadly, it all depends on the restrictions in London (currently Tier 3 - full on lockdown). 

I wish everyone here the best new year! 

1 point and 10 diamonds to Harry!

• Like 1

I agree with Harry, my 2020 had its ups and downs but now looking back at it, I only remember the good things and the many things I learned.

So for that reason I want to wish all of you the best for this new year to come and to not look back at 2020 as a bad year, but a year in which all of us grew one way or another. Remember how resilient you are and how much joy you bring into this world. Also remember that you are all loved and important. Hold on to what you love, let go of what is not good for you and forgive yourself. 

You are all beautiful people that I've had the chance to interact with this year and that has been nothing but a blessing in my life.

I love you all!!! <3

1 point and 10 diamonds to Carrie!

• Like 1