Hufflepuff Common Room

Week 3 - Discussion

Two weeks to go before the Huffle HOLidays celebration! Are you excited? Have you been preparing what to wear in the party? Maybe gone to Hogsmeade for some window shopping? What do you look forward to the most in the party? Have you visited the Sleigh Ride venue already? What do you think of the preparations, the setup, the tables, the presents in the middle of the room? Tell Wilbur and you will get to earn 1 point and 10 diamonds.  Reply in this thread on or before December 28, 2020, 11:59 PM HOL time. You can reply more but you cannot earn more points and diamonds.

Wilbur! I'm super excited about the Holidays and for this year to end soon. Don't get me wrong, I've made the most out of this year, I just can't wait to see what the next one has in store for all of us.

I'm going to wear black boots with a green dress to match your skin tone (gorgeous tone by the way, how do you do to look so good?!). I will be going to Hogsmade for some window shopping for sure.

I saw the venue and can't wait to be with Oliver Wood *blushes* - just hope he doesn't show up in his Quidditch gear this time... and can't wait to eat that yummy carrot cake *drool* and of course see all of the folks!!! Have some laughs with Prof. Tarma, chat about photography with Prof. Fels, get to know a little bit more about Sirius, Amy, Emily, Mia, Rose and February. And of course, you Wilbur! we've worked together but we haven't sit down and have a proper chat!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Carrie!

• Like 2

Hey, Wilbur!  I seriously cannot wait for this party!  I've already got my outfit all planned out and since I'm dying to tell you about it, I shall.  Nothing too over-the-top really, if truth be told.  A velvet emerald green floor-length dress complete with black accents at the waist, cuffs, and collar.  High black Victorian-style boots and of course, just a little shimmer from silver threads woven throughout the dress.  What?!!  I said not 'too' showy, but one simply can't go to a holiday party without a little pizzazz in her look!

I'm a serious foodie, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all the yummy dishes and hopefully snagging a recipe or two.  Speaking of snagging, I'm going to snag Tarma for a well-deserved round of butterbeer (or fire whiskey..hmm).  And of course, my fellow Slythie prefect and good friend, February, will be my partner-in-crime for all the holiday hijinks planned.  So thank you again, Wilbur, for all that you've done to make this holiday a memorable one.  \

1 point and 10 diamonds to Emily!

• Like 2

Hi there Wilbur! You've done such a great job! It doesn't matter what kind of year it is, I always look forward to the holidays, it's probably my favorite time of the year. 

I didn't realize though we were all going to be dressing up so much! I'm going to wear a yellow silk top with a black skirt and black ankle boots, unless it's freezing, them I'm wearing trousers. I pretty much live in some form of boot, I don't even own a pair of heels now that I think about it.

Like Emily, I'm a big foodie, so you can find me at the table probably most of the night, sampling everything to eat, especially the sweets. I don't much care for fire whiskey, but I might crash Emily and Tarma's party for the butterbeer at least. And I certainly hope to get to know everyone better, since I'm finally coming out of my shell some. And that includes you too Wilbur, you best say hello to me so I don't have to chase you down!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Amy!

• Like 2

Hi Wilbur

I'm oddly surprised to find myself anticipating this celebration.  I've been reading what people have written and their enthusiasm is awesome and sort of swept me into it.  :lol:  Now I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone and laughing and just having a good time.  :dance:

I'll probably dress comfortable (even if it look 'dressed-up') and make sure that I don't have a waistband which will be uncomfortably tight before I've finished half of what I intend to eat.  So what would  that be - oh, I know! My black leather jeans and black leather jacket (good for hippogriff riding, you know!) and sheepskin wool lined boots, with oh, maybe a dark crimson blouse with fairly tight sleeves at the wrists (to avoid getting it caught in the food).

I have visited the Sleigh Ride venue, yes, and it's tremendous fun. Thank you.  :coffee:

1 point and 10 diamonds to Tarma!

• Like 1

I am shy person but dont expect me i do not know how to be talkaltive. I am going to wear of course jeans, and just simple shirt. I am looking forward not to be as awkward as Yule Ball that Harry Potter had attended.

Sleigh Ride it is a nice place.Wilbur.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Berley!

• Like 2

I'm excited for this even though it will be a sad day becuase a favorite drummer of mine passed away. I'll wear probably my pj's I like to be comfortable. I did do some window shopping and saw some awesome things that I would like. Especially this dress that was shiny and gold. I look foward to meeting new people at the party. I will have to run over there to check it out I haven't yet. I can't wait!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Jessica!

• Like 2

I agree with everyone! I am excited for the party, even though I am an introvert and prefer to sit at home doing puzzles or watching movies. I am not sure what I am going to wear but I assume it will be something elegant, maybe a nice shirt and a tie? Who knows.  I am definitely looking forward to this!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Louis!

• Like 1

I am an Aquarius so I am truly a man of a party! I also love Christmas so this is adding to my excitement towards the event! As for what I am going to wear a nice white shirt with a purple tie (I know @Louis Walleshas a purple shirt so lets match!!)! The decorations look amazing! 

1 point and 10 diamonds to Harry!

• Like 1