Hufflepuff Common Room

Week 2 - Discussion

Hello everyone! I am Sirius, a Huffle Staff member. I would like to talk to you guys about something. I am thinking we could also do something to surprise Wilbur, other house-elves, or any other involved in the HOLidays preparation, be it in this school or in our homes or in the Muggle world. 

What can we do for Wilbur, for them? Hmm, a message for Wilbur may also do. How will we surprise him in the party? What are your thoughts? Maybe a cake for him? Or a thank you card? 

You can reply here your message to the Wilburs around the world or any thoughts of plans on giving back to them? I am down for a warm round of applause for them at the end of the celebrations. For sure, they will appreciate it. Reply in this thread on or before December 28, 2020, 11:59 PM HOL time to earn 1 point and 10 diamonds. You can reply more but you cannot earn more points and diamonds.

For me, I would like to thank all working during the holiday celebrations! One big kudos to all of you! :noisemaker:

I think that after all the hard work Wilbur and his staff has done to help prepare the delicious food for our party, it would only be fair if we threw a little one for them.

I'm sure they are going to be dead tired the next day, so perhaps we could let them enjoy a little down time to relax and let us prepare a delicious meal for them. I'm sure we have Badgers, Eagles, Lions and Snakes who have a knowledge of the fine art of cooking and baking. Or in my case... ordering out!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Fels!

• Like 1

I say Wilbur and his staff deserve a spa day as well. Let them be pampered with bubble baths and face masks! And some peace and quiet, essentially a few days offto d what they would like, even if it's just to sleep for a few dozen hours.

(I'm totally not basing this off of what I would like after working holidays in retail.)

And yes I can definitely help with all of the cooking preparations.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Amy!

• Like 2

I can definitely help out with the cooking; Wilbur and his friends deserve a feast for all their hard work!

In addition to a little down time, why not send them on vacation?  Give them a choice of three or four prime vacation spots where they can truly get away from it all.  And some new clothes would be nice as well; no reason that Wilbur and company can't look fashionable while they're enjoying their well-deserved vacation.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Emily!

• Like 2

I would offer to them a chance for some festive garb. Not giving it to anyone, but leaving a huge pile of tea-towels in the middle of the kitchen area, all differently coloured and 'styles'. Some with tiny baubles and some with little bits of lace.  House-elves appear to like to serve, but there is nothing to say that we can't help them, and also, that we can't somehow come up with a way for them to be adorned in a festive manner, if they so choose it. 

Oh, and I'm really good at making coffee and all kinds of hot drinks -- I could do that.  :)

1 point and 10 diamonds to Tarma!

• Like 1

I totally agree with Amy and February, he deserves a vacation but he needs to do so with a bang! :D something big and fabulous because he has done so much!

So a "Good HOLidays and Thank you" party would be amazing, a day with everything he and they love, people they cherish and lots of food :D

1 point and 10 diamonds to Carrie!

• Like 3

I guess Wilbur needs a portrait of our Hogwarts Sorting hat, but little bit change colour, maybe pink, and put it in front of their own room before they could enter their own room like we normally do and asking, "Pass...word?".

1 point and 10 diamonds to Berley!

• Like 3