Hufflepuff Common Room

Week 1 - Discussions

For more activities earning points and diamonds, for more guests, food, decors, and gifts, here is a discussion thread for us to enjoy, Misters and Misses!

Who is the one guest you want to see for the party? What raffle gift do you crave the most? What are the decors you most look forward to? Food you cannot resist? Let us give Wilbur our encouraging messages.

Reply in this thread for 1 point and 10 diamonds before December 28, 2020, 11:59 PM HOL time. You can reply many times. However, you cannot earn more points and diamonds.

Oh my; that's a hard one!  We already have such good  choices that it's honestly difficult to narrow them down to just one.  But, I suppose, if I must, here are my 'top picks':

Guest: Hermione Granger-I may wear the green robes of Slytherin, but they are lined with Ravenclaw blue.  I love learning new things and I think Hermione would be quite fascinating to talk to on a wide variety of subjects.

Raffle Item:  Knitted Poncho in House Colors-Ponchos are actually one of my favorite clothing items, so this would definitely be something I would love to add to the collection.  I know, I know, I passed up a plethora of splendid (and very tempting) magical items, but there you have it :)

Decor:  Color-Changing Fireplaces-I love the idea of the fires randomly changing colors.  It seems almost magical and adds an unexpected festive ambience to the whole affair.  Yes, I thought of it lol.

Food:  Cornish Hens with cranberry-apple rice stuffing-This was probably the hardest category to choose from, just so you know.  I'm practically salivating over here!  But this particular item is a fairly consistent staple at my own holiday table, so who am I to break tradition?!  Let the feasting commence!

Seriously, Wilbur, great job planning this feast.  Keep up the good work!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Emily!

• Like 2

Hmmm, I'm most looking forward to seeing Luna Lovegood because I'm curious to see how alike we can be. I can be quirky like her, but I also don't believe in most of the stuff in the Quibbler, so we'll either get along or butt heads all day long.  I love snow, so the enchanted snow falling down would be amazing and I think the fireplaces with dragons climbing on them would be so fantastic to see. So long as the dragons don't burn a hole in my favorite sweater. 

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is the food and gifts. I do consider food a hobby, so I'll be trying to get samples of everything available. I definitely want multiple mugs of butterbeer though! And gifts, any of the knitted options would be great and probably the chocolate wand as well.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Amy!

• Like 2

Guest - I think the one guest I'm so looking forward to is Charlie Weasley. I'd like to see if he still looks good in those dragon hide pants!

Decor -  I want ti see the miniature Hogmead Village, especially if it has a little pond area that has magical little people skating around on the ice.

Food - That's easy, a wonderful cup of cappuccino to enjoy while sitting in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace.

Raffle -  Oh that's easy... the 100 Galleon Gift Certificate to Madam Malkins.. I hear she just received the newest Kenneth Troll line.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Fels!

• Like 1

^_^Oh, Fels, I thought of you for that #1 question and lo, and behold, I guessed right!

Who is the one guest you want to see for the party?

Remus Lupin - I would just really like to meet him, to talk with or just listen to him.

What raffle gift do you crave the most?

Books. All kinds of histories ....

What are the decors you most look forward to?

Bright shiny things  .... and Nifflers and them going after bright shiny things.   :lol:

Food you cannot resist?

Pizza. Eggplant parm.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Tarma!

• Like 1

The guest I would most like to see is George Weasley, because I am sure he knows of many different pranks. Though I am not a fan of pranks, I'd just rather bug people, I'm sure he has some interesting ideas.

I would like to win a bookshelf filled with a variety of puzzle and fiction books (or a voucher to go shop at Flourish and Blotts), from the raffle.

The decor I most look forward to is everyone's different stockings.

I can;t wait to eat the butterbeer popcorn in  front of a fireplace, while sitting in a chair reading a book or working on a puzzle.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Mia!

• Like 2

Guest - Severus Snape! For me, this is a no-brainer. I'd look for ways to distract him from his constant care and woe. 

Raffle Gift - Time turner! I'm always behind. I'd love the chance to actually feel caught up for once

Decors - Magical pictures of holiday scenes on walls! I love holiday scenes. I can really get lost in them.

Food - Turkey! I could eat turkey all year long, but I only get the real thing in November / December.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Feb!

• Like 2

One guest I'd like to see - Sirius Black, I just want to hear his marvels at how he and the other Marauders pranked around, and how did they decide their nicknames. He'll be fun talking too.

Gift - A book which shows a different story each time I open it. (I'd love it for sure!)

Decors - Miniature model of Hogwarts, with small witches and wizards zooming around it with broomsticks.

Food - Coffee, Corn Pizza, and some Chocolate cake!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Rose!

• Like 2

Guest: I would love to have Albus Dumbledore <3 we can bring his painting to the great hall :D

Gift: lots and lots of plane tickets to go visit every single country in the world or in its defect, a broom that can take me anywhere

Decors: just everything green, gold and red, I would love to see flying tree decorations and floating candles *.*

Food: Vegan everything hahaha specially lots of fruits and hummus *drool*

1 point and 10 diamonds to Carrie!

• Like 2

Guest: I would like to meet Severus Snape and talks about Potions, Herbs, and such. Haha. It's sounds boring, but I wouldn't want to lose any chance when I can meet him and ask a lot about it:D

Gift: I would love to have Time Turner.

Decors: I want to see a lot of flowers around the castle. 

Food: Chocolate, Ice Cream, Eggnog, and Roast Beef. Well, anything delicious is okay with me:P

1 point and 10 diamonds to Silvana!

• Like 2

My guest should be Harry Potter because I may want to know how to work in Ministry of Magic. I acknowledge about the Gryffindor sword, yet do not know how to find it, so I want sorting hat as my Raffle item. The decoration shall be 3D tiles of Chessboard Game. For food and beverages, I want Butterbeer and Cornish Hens with cranberry-apple rice stuffing  that Emily Spencer really want to eat.

That is all Wilbur,thanks.

1 point and 10 diamonds to Berley!

• Like 2

My guest: Remus Lupin because I would love to talk to him about wolves and werewolves!

Gift: I would like to get something from the Slytherin Quidditch team e.g. jumper or pillow. Or...a good book about magic or legends!

Decoration: I would love to see a huge Christmas Tree covered in snow!

Food: Chicken, Polish soup 'Barszcz' (beetroot soup) and profiteroles!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Louis!

• Like 3

My guest: I would invite Luna Lovegood and talk to her about mystical creatures!

Gift: I would love to get a proper cook book! 

Decoration: I want to see some fake (or real!) reindeer here and there!

Food: Spaghetti, tacos and any cake!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Harry!

• Like 3

Guest:  I most want to see Andromeda Black Tonks - she is definitely someone I want to get to know better as a different type of Slytherin alum from the usual set.  (What's that?  There are no Slytherin guests yet?  Then in that case I might go with Ginny Weasley!)

Gift:  Maybe an Invisible(Invisiblity?) Cloak?  I'd like to be invisible!

Decor:  Have to go with the trampoline because I just want to have some fun in the air - especially without Quidditch this year!

Food:  I'll take the underrated Yorkshire Pudding because those things are just deliciou!

1 point and 10 diamonds to Will!

• Like 2