Hufflepuff Common Room

Together -Your Choice - Week 3

This week we have a Maze, which leads you from one place to another. Who knows what you might encounter along the way? We've also Letter Tiles, to piece together ...

Again, this is your opportunity to write of your favorite things for which you are thankful. This is your free-for-all topic!

You choose what you want to post about. Since there are all kinds of favorite things .... photographs, music, songs, food, scent (fragrance), movies, books ... the list is endless - you choose a favorite thing of yours! Tell us about it. What (or why) is it so great for you?

Earn 25 Diamonds with your response!

If you choose to write, please have at least 75 words to earn the Diamonds.

If you use a photograph or graphic, please write underneath what the photograph or graphic depicts. (Also - remember to keep the size to 600x600 or smaller!)

You have until the end of November to earn your Diamonds. If you respond within a week of this being posted, though, you earn an additional 3 bonus Diamonds:diamond:

There are tones of 'objects' I am most thankful for. For this one, I decided to make a list of all things I love:

• I am extremely grateful for having tones of books about history and crime.
  • Pasta
  • Polish and British food
  • Energy drinks
  • Internet
  • Music
  • My favourite bands: Imagine Dragons, Arctic Monkeys, Kodaline, OneRepublic, The Fray, Queen
  • For my favourite channel Blaze TV
  • Pizza
  • For my TV
  • For my cd collection
  • for my coin collection

• Like 5

Seeing that the trivia question today was about a baseball card, I have a tie in with that. 

And no, I did not either buy or sell that Bonus Wagner baseball card.

The ones I do have are very dear to me. 

In all my years here at HOL and The Sett the one thing I could not get into was Quidditch. That's right, Wizarding Sports. In fact, the same is true in RL. I mean, I'll watch the World Series and the Super Bowl but not much else. Even when my own kids played sports in elementary school, middle  school and high school I'd go and watch, but don't ask me what was going on. No clue.

So why would baseball cards be something close to me.

The reason is, my uncle played for the Brooklyn Dodgers, the Chicago White Sox and the Chicago Cubs from 1951 through 1962. He was a relief pitcher. So a few years ago I decided to hunt down all of his baseball cards. I do have most of them, but there are 1 or 2 I'm still on the hunt for, but my prized card is the 1952 Bowman card.  I guess I like that one is because it  looks more like a drawing then an actual photograph. I even have a couple that he signed for me.

I think I'll have to pull those cards out and see which ones I still need to get.

• Like 3

I am going to do this task the same way Louis did, by making a list. There are certain things that I am grateful for. Those are:

• my favourite bands - Queen, Coldplay, Pink Floyd
  • my favourite writer - Stephen King
  • my make up bag 
  • my favourite pillow :rolleyes:
  • internet
  • HOL Website
  • Treadmill
  • hair dressers
  • cook books
  • Math
  • science
  • trains
  • phone
  • headphones/earphones
  • coffee
  • tea
  • oranges
  • YouTube
  • music
  • Netflix
  • Blaze TV
  • BBC
  • Channel 4

And that's all I can think of for now!

• Like 5

I'm grateful for:

My family - they mean the world to me
My friends - they help make iife worth living
My dogs - I'd not be the same without them
My home and yard - I love my home!
HOL - really - home online!
Harry Potter - what a series!
Supernatural and Grey's Anatomy - two of my favorite tv series
Horror novels - especially Stephen King
True Crime novels -  trying to understand why people do such insane things
YouTube - where all the interesting videos are!
Netflix - my go to place for tv
My pc and phone - I can live without them but never want to

• Like 3

I am thankful for many things here are a few I am Thankful for

• HOL website
  • My Siblings
  • My parents and grandparents
  • My extended family
  • subtitles and closed captioning
  • my home
  • All of my pets
  • Sign language
  • Books ( I have too many favorites to list)
  • My chickens and fresh eggs
  • our family's Fields of cotton and soy beans
  • Tractors and farm tools that make harvesting easier
  • Gentle horses
  • my friends
  • my neighbors 
  • woods for exploring 
  • Like 3

Oh, gosh, I could go on forever, so let's try to keep it meaningful and concise. 

This goes without saying, but I'm thankful for my family. My mom has always been there for me no matter what. My stepdad walked in as my other 'dad' walked out and has never left. Though we're not legally family, I'm thankful for my boyfriend's family too. He has a HUGE family and they've all welcomed me (and my parents) with open arms for the past eight years. 

I'm thankful that I somehow stumbled upon a career that I love at a school that I love. My high school has such a bad reputation, but I work with some of the most passionate educators on the planet and my admin team would bend over backwards to support us while still holding us to high standards. I cannot imagine working anywhere else. I know that I'm right where I need to be.

I'm thankful for HOL - mostly for the people the site has brought into my life. I love that HOL is host to members from all over the world and that people who might feel like they don't fit in other places can find a comfortable home here. I don't think I'll ever leave, but if I did for some strange reason, I know I'd take those friendships with me through the rest of my life. 

Lastly, I'm thankful for opportunities to try new things. This year, we've had to get very creative with delivery of services at work, which has led to some really cool things we'll use moving into the future. For Christmas, I've asked for a bunch of little crafty activities. Jake and I are cooking a turkey for the first time for Thanksgiving because our family isn't doing their normal thing this year. It's been interesting learning to be innovative and creative to pass the time and make things work!

I'm thankful for all of you, too! <3

• Like 2

I am thankful for so many things. Like the song says "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" - there is so much that are 'favorite things'. I've read what people write above, and yes, ... yes, yes, yes.  :) So, in addition to friends, books, movies and shows, pizza, coffee, music, HOL,  blueberries, and more and more  -

I'm very grateful to live where I can drive but a short way and see  this  (view of ocean water and islands in the distance).  I have a a garden; this is The Magician (picture of The Magician blossom) and this is Rosa Scabrosa. I live in such a beautiful place -- my driveway in summer click  (with Taya, the Leopard Dog) and this is what happens, sometimes, in the winter - snow (same driveway with trees and shrubs, all covered with snow).

I'm so glad to have this, one of my favorite tools click (picture of Swiss pocket knife).

I don't have a picture, but I totally love my shoes -- which I have worn to pieces (but the soles are good!) -- and continue to wear even though I have another pair of the same exact shoe all pristine and waiting for me. They feel just like moccasins, flexible under my feet that I can feel the textures of pebbles, twigs, the ground, yet provide cushion and tough protection too.

• Like 3

I'm gonna go full ABBA with this but I'm thankful for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it? I ask with all honesty! what would life be without a song or a dance? So I say thank you for the music. For giving it to me... *happy tears*

There's no better song to describe the impact music has on me. It can take me out of a misery, it can make me happy, it can make me feel so many different emotions.

So I wanna thank the music, for being an amazing for of art and expression.

And also, just like Kendra said, I'm thankful for all of you <3 You have made such an impact on my life in this bizarre year and I'm super thankful that I got here :)

• Like 3

Besides everything I use every day, I'd have to say that I'm most thankful for books, encompassing a very broad category there. I've discovered so many books in my life and they're always something I look forward too and can't wait to find the next free time to pick one up and read them.

Also, it’s really awesome when you find someone who has read the same book as you and you both get to talk about it and have something in common. Books bring you to another place and you find yourself living in that world when you open one up. They’re a great pastime and improve your reading skills if you want a more practical way of looking at them too!

• Like 2