• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prof. Felicia Hartwick

Prof. Felicia Hartwick

Strawberry Cake

• Badger Patrol
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

I was watching the Tony Awards last night and yes, I will admit, I completely forgot that HP and the Cursed Child would be up for awards. For some reason I thought they would be been relevant on last year's program. Why, I have no idea.

But the play did very well, winning 6 awards.

Best Play

Best Direction of a Play

Best Scenic Design of a Play

Best Costume of a Play

Best Lighting Design of a Play

Best Sound Design of a Play

I haven't seen the play yet, though my girls and I talk about making a weekend of it at some point. But a look at the price of the tickets was a bit of a shock when I checked things out. *shivers*

But congratulations to all involved in The Cursed Child and thanks for keeping Potter alive.

• Prof. Tarma Amelia Black and Prof. Sollarna Fumbleknot like this

Fantastic_Beasts_-_Queenie_-_Fels_Siggy_

Come and trim my Christmas tree with  some decorations  bought  at Tiffany's

"You're not quite as scary as you seem." ~ quote by Lilly Anderson 

#2 Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Two Layer Cake with Yellow and Black Layers

• Professor
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

That's great! 

I've not seen the play; I have the book and read it and love it. Some of it surprised me and some of it didn't surprise me, but it was all (as far as I could tell) remaining in the HP canon book world.

I'm aware that there are many folks who don't like some or all of it, but well, that is why there are so many different kinds of people? We all like different things.

Congratulations to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! Well done. :)

• Prof. Felicia Hartwick and Prof. Sollarna Fumbleknot like this

tarma.gif
Siggy and Avatar made by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*

"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

#3 Prof. Sollarna Fumbleknot

Prof. Sollarna Fumbleknot

BBEFB, secret bean Fresh Grass

• HoH Emeritae
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

(I haven't yet read the play... I prefer watching plays, so this is proving to be a challenge...)  

So... now that I see the long list of awards it's won, I have to read it, right?    ;)

• Prof. Felicia Hartwick and Prof. Tarma Amelia Black like this

Formerly: From 2001-2005 I wore several hats, including that of HOL High Cheese Muffin, Hufflepuff HOH, and Professor of Wand Making, Kinda Ancient Runes, and Assembly of Charms.  

Currently: Parent of a teen-aged boy (the reason I had to leave HOL) and 6-year-old girl. Herder of nerds and chickens. Professionally, I am a web designer, copy editor, historian and author. 

#4 Shiloh Adlar

Shiloh Adlar

BBEFB, secret bean Banana Split

• HOL
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:35 AM

I'm really glad it did so well. I have only read the play and while it wasn't exactly what I expected and I probably won't read it again unless I'm doing another HP universe read through, I would like to see it at some point just for the experience. When it comes this way, when it hopefully goes on tour, perhaps.

• Prof. Felicia Hartwick and Prof. Tarma Amelia Black like this

by_tarma_nov_2017.png

The Queen never gives away her shinies!

Thanks Tarma for my awesome Niffler signature!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users