Hufflepuff Common Room

Creative June

I'm really truly sorry that I'm posting this task so late in the month. But I will try to make it a not so difficult project instead.

June is a summer month in Harry Potter's Britain, and so this month I have a summer-y theme. I would like to see something created of flowers! A flower arrangement of some sort, a flower wreath, or whatever you can come up with.

If there are no flowers where you live you can make flowers out of paper or other materials - in this case it's optional to also create something more of the handmade flowers, just creating the flowers is enough really. :)

Take a photo of your flower-y project (remember not to include anything that gives away your identity), upload it to an image hosting website like Photobucket, and post the photo in this topic.

For completing this challenge, you'll earn yourself 20 Diamonds and 2 Graphic Points. You have until June 30th!

A favorite 'flower-y' project of mine is growing plants.  This is Rosa Scabrosa, a Rugosa rose.

5.29.2017%20Rugosa%20Scabrosa%20graphic%

She lives in the Ridge Garden. 

6.23.2017%20Graphics%20Ridge%20Garden%20

The Ridge Garden. Red roses on lower left are Rose du Roi. Lavender blooms on stalks are Fire Weed.  Pink roses to upper left are Ispahan. (Deer fencing surrounds the Ridge Garden ...)

And here is a rose which currently lives in the protected area by the house.  It took me years to find an own-root plant so when I got her, her first year is potted up and in a micro-climate not as severe as out on the Ridge.  Celsiana opened her first bloom this morning!

Celsiana - a Damask Rose with a lovely strong fragrance - year of introduction 1750

6.23.2017%20Celsiana%20graphic%20for%20r

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

• 4 weeks later...