Hufflepuff Common Room

Creative April

It's April! And this month there will be a few option for you to choose from. I would like to see something hand-made and craft-y, but you may choose the theme of your project.  :)

The themes you may choose from are:

Easter - celebrated by Christians every year to remember that Christ died on the cross to take all the sins of people upon himself, and then he was resurrected by God.

Kumbh Mela - celebrated by Hindus four times every 12 years, when in India they do a ceremonial dip in one of the sacred rivers Ganges, Shipra or Godavari, in four cities where drops of the nectar of immortality were spilled during a battle between demi-gods and demons.

Earth Day - celebrated world-wide on April 22, when various events are held to show support for environmental protection.

Take a photo of your project (remember not to include anything that gives away your identity), upload it to an image hosting website like Photobucket, and post the photo in this topic.

For completing this challenge, you'll earn yourself 20 Diamonds and 2 Graphic Points. You have until April 30.

Have fun!

Edited by Prof. Rachel Selenia
Edited to add more choices for the project theme...
  • Like 1

I choose Earth Day -- and here's my finished project which I had started in March, took apart, submitted a hat instead and showed the start of this.

The name of the yarn is Deep Woods (Charisma) and is a little bulky.  It truly is of greens and browns and black and grey and cream and other colours, just like when walking in the woods with little rays of sunlight lighting up here and there. (It's actually a little darker than shows in in this photograph, and the colours are richer and deeper, but it points to them okay.)

April%202017%20creative%20deepwoods%20po

It's basically two rectangles (65 cast on, #13 needles, 59 rows and then bind-off) which are sewn together to create a poncho. I like it (am wearing it as I type) because it is non-binding, soft and warm -- and the colours are of the woods outside my door. 

• 4 weeks later...