Hufflepuff Common Room

Creative March

It's March, the month of St Patrick's Day. For this month's creative project I would like you to create something hand-made and crafty which is either green, contains three-leaved shamrocks, is connected to Ireland, or is in any other way connected to St Patrick's Day.

Take a photo of your project (remember not to include anything that gives away your identity), upload it to an image hosting website like Photobucket, and post the photo in this topic.

For completing this challenge, you'll earn yourself 20 Diamonds and 2 Graphic Points. You have until March 31.

Have fun!

Because of this prompt, I have started a 50# (knitting) Deep Woods poncho-ish experiment.  Which means I'm making up the pattern as I'm going along.  But it's 'woods' and 'green' and both of those things remind me of Ireland.  :)

I've already done it a bit (and undone) it three times but I think this time it's working fine.  I'll post again when it's more done (and/or done)!

March%202017%20graphics%20-%20making%20s

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the 'poncho-ish' finished.  I pushed along on this project because I wanted to get it in here for March.  Besides, with #50 knitting needles, it goes very fast!

It's basically a rectangle and folded in the middle along a long side.  Leave space for a head to get through and sew/weave the yarn to close the rest of that side.  It's an experiment which changed from initial imagining it to this.  It's 'deep' on the back and the wings sort of fold over arms (from behind is full coverage) but leave them free to move easily in front, with a nice warmth over chest area up to throat. 

3.18.2017%2050%20poncho%20ish%20500x375%

EDIT:  I ended up frogging it. (Frog = ribbit = ripped it out) It's just not right. So I took it all apart, sorted out all the yarns into separate balls and now am knitting an abbreviated poncho with the same yarn.  If I have anything done, even if partially, by the end of March, I'll post a picture in here.

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
I totally frogged it
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did start on the #13 abbreviated poncho.  I like it!  I like the way the stockinette shows the colours more cleanly and distinctly.

Then, because I wanted a quick-fix (and something to post in here), I also knit up a hat (#11) and got it done by March 31st (and forgot to post it).  It's the same Deep Woods yarn but I added a bit of off-white (Charisma yarn) to it for a contrast. 

4.2.2017%20Deep%20Woods%20hat%20amp%20po

• Like 1